ETA: We found a few typos on the previous version of this post, corrections include clarifying the share sizes, also please note small shares do not come with herbs this week, but you can purchase some as extras at pickup.
Farmer Luca’s been Walkin’ In the Winta Whattamelon and harvested almost 360 lbs. of watermelons last night. Sign up now for a pre-Christmas pickup slot on WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON and swing by tomorrow to put some red and green on your holiday table! We have increased the share options to include just a whole watermelon, small and large shares – and you can combine up to three different farmshares.
We’ll be closed for the Christmas/Boxing Day weekend, and we’ll send out the email/signup link for available farmshares on Tuesday, December 29th, and distribute reserved farmshares on Wednesday, December 30th.
As promised, our holiday gift to you from the ARTfarm elves, recipes and garden fun:
- delicious and easy things you can do with pumpkin and winter squash
- instructions on how to plant and care for your dragonfruit cutting
Once again, we are only accepting pre-sized pre-orders of farmshares, plus extras, for our customers with preselected pickup time slots for a minimum of waiting or mingling in this pandemic season. (We know you’d like to shop for just one or two items, and we’re sorry for the inconvenience. This system is to prevent pile-ups of customers and to protect us, the farmers and our family, from long long customer lines where we’d be more exposed.)
Please read our safety guidelines below on how to reserve your produce and pickup time. To understand WHY we are doing what we do, click HERE to read about ARTfarm LLC and COVID-19 precautions we are taking.
CUSTOMERS are required to:
- meet an order minimum of one farmshare size
- arrive ON TIME, not early!! Do NOT jump your timeslot please
- consistently maintain 10-15 feet of distance between all individuals
- wear masks to keep each other safe
- sanitize hands before you exit your vehicle
- bring exact change or a check and pen
- be patient with us and each other during pickups
- bring your own boxes, bags, baskets to pack up your order
- wait to bag produce until we have completely assembled and totaled your order on the table
We require everyone picking up a box to wear a mask and please sanitize your hands before exiting your vehicle/arriving at the distribution table, and we will do the same.
We will have 20 large, 15 small and 10 whole watermelon ‘farmshares’ of produce available for Wednesday (a few of those available as “double small” orders). You can also order and specify a neighbor, friend or family member to pick up your order. The minimum order is one farmshare, but for today you can order more than one size. Add-ons and extras are not currently available independently of a farmshare purchase; to minimize community contact during the pandemic.
Please contact us immediately by text and phone at (340)514-4873 if you have reserved a farmshare and cannot pick it up. Supply is limited, demand is extremely high and someone else will gladly purchase your share, if given enough time to respond. We have limited time for distributions and they are scheduled. Our produce is harvested fresh and needs to go home with you same day. This is an honor system since we are not collecting payment until pickup. We do not have cold storage for uncollected shares.
Here’s how to get ARTfarm produce during the pandemic:
- Wait ’til Friday morning around 10am *schedule may shift to Tuesdays/Wednesdays for major holiday weekends*
- Visit artfarmllc.com or check your farm email for the fresh-from-the-field weekly signup page
- Sign up with our online form (a link at the bottom of the weekly signup page like this one)
- Using the current online order form, choose a minimum of one farmshare size of pre-selected, pre-priced ARTfarm produce (contents listed below, either small or large – in high demand times 1 share may be set as the maximum)
- Commit to a pick-up time slot
- Choose any add-on items (limited supplies)
- Add a comment for special requests, extras, preferences, or whatever’s on your mind
- Check your email for a confirmation! (the email you used on the order form is the one you should check – it is an automated response and is sent out immediately)
- Arrive promptly but NOT EARLY for your pickup appointment on Saturday in the ARTfarm parking lot on Saturday. If early, wait inside your vehicle and decide what herbs you want! Sanitize your hands when getting out of your vehicle. Please maintain plenty of space between customers, and between us and you when you approach the pickup table for your appointed pickup time. We’ll be wearing masks and ask that you do the same.
- Bring exact change or a check to drop in the bucket – we are not handling any money.
- There may be unadvertised extra items available to add to your box at pickup time, so you may wish to bring some extra small bills or wait to fill in your check amount. Please bring your own pen.
- Bring your own bags or box to put your produce into. We’ll place your items on the sanitized table, some things will be pre-bagged, you’ll pack your own bags or box for the rest. Wait to bag until we do a final count of your items to make sure we don’t forget anything. We are trying to reduce the number of shopping bags we distribute, so please bring an extra bag, box or basket to your pickups this season.
- No substitutions or price adjustments. To maintain sanitation and keep things moving, we are not swapping items, handling payments or making change. (As always we’ll be flexible where we can within reason.)
- YOU ARE AWESOME for supporting our small family farm and accommodating our needs for COVID safety.
Farmshare choices for Wednesday, December 23rd 2020:
Whole Watermelon farmshare, $16-25 (as marked), will include:
Just a whole watermelon in this farmshare! Plus any add-ons you would like. You can also add another size farmshare!!
Small farmshare, $10, will include:
- 1 bag of sweet salad mix
- 1 lb. cucumbers
Double Small farmshare, $20, will include:
As listed above, but double: one for you and one for a friend. Take distribution into your own (recently washed) hands, deliver to a neighbor or loved one!
Large farmshare, $37, will include:
- 1 bag of sweet salad mix
- 1 bag of baby spicy OR baby arugula salad mix (your choice as available)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 1/2 lb. watermelon quarter
- 1 bunch of baby carrots OR scarlet turnips (your choice as available)
- 2 herb bunches (you choose; please consider your choices before you arrive at the table)
Additional Limited Quantity Reservable Add-Ons*
(please add to your total)
2 lbs. sliced pumpkin: $6
2 lbs. zucchini: $6
1 bunch extra garlic chives: $2
1 bunch extra Italian basil: $2
1 bunch of nine bright assorted color zinnia flowers: $5
Heirloom tomato plants (potted up): $5 each:
- Black Plum tomato
- Mystery (random variety) slicing tomato
Dragonfruit cuttings: $15 each:
- Natural Mystic (red inside)
- Physical Graffiti (pink inside)
Saman (rain) tree: $20
Sandbox (monkey-no-climb) tree: $10
*(if these are sold out – there are often additional extras available at the time of pick-up, so if you can’t reserve, leave a note in the comments, bring some extra cash or wait to write your check total. Bring a pen.)
(Must accompany farmshare purchase, these items cannot be purchased individually. No reservations on these items, first come first served during your pickup slot):
- WATERMELON!! – approx 2 lb. watermelon quarter: $2/lb. (around $4, as marked)
- sweet salad mix – $7
- cherry tomatoes, pint: $6
- pumpkin, cut quarters: $3/lb. (around $6, as marked)
- cooking greens – $3/bunch (kale varieties, dandelion, swiss chard, collards)
- 2 lbs. zucchini – $6
- 2 lbs. cucumber – $6
- loose zinnias – $0.50/ea
- extra herb bunch – $2
- bag Thai chiles – $2
- bag green cayenne peppers – $2
Herb bunch choices for this week
(Large share = 2 herb selections. Choose from what’s available at pickup, or we’ll pick some for you, but these are the basic options we should have, you can start mulling it over 🙂
- Garlic chives
- Italian basil
- Lemon basil
- Kaffir lime leaves
We have designed our order form not to allow any one customer to purchase all of one extra. Sharing is caring. If you’d like extra of something (beyond what you could reserve through our order system), put it in the comments with your order, and ask at your pickup time: if we can supply it to you we’ll do our best.
Problems with the online signup form? Workarounds our customers figured out (thank you!!) were to:
- just try again
- use a cellular device (smartphone or tablet) that isn’t using WiFi internet
- clear your cache and cookies in your browser/device
- reboot your router (unplug it for a minute and plug in again)
This pre-order signup form does NOT sign you up for an ARTfarm email subscription.