Get us back in the fields with some DIY tech support!
We are are a staff of two farmers and really pressed for time. We’ve found that the vast majority of our customers use our system without issue, but customer help requests are nearly all consistently related to the customer’s setup (email program, browser cache, internet connection, user error) and nothing we can fix on our end. So we’ve created some user guides, FAQs, and advice to help you.
BUT…we don’t have the time (or expertise) to offer individual tech support for these issues, and 99% of customers who have reached out to us for help eventually solve the problem on their own by: (a) waiting five minutes and trying again or (b) following these suggestions:
Top Tips for Finding your ARTfarm Order Confirmation Email:
- if the automated confirmation email is not immediately found, check your spam folder, trash folder, AND the ‘all mail’ folder
- search for an email from ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
- Search online for tips on finding a lost email message
- set up a filter in your email program to catch ARTfarm emails, and set it to check all your mail including the old stuff – if you don’t know how, ask a techy friend or search for instructions online for your particular email provider.
- revisit the form and make sure all required fields are filled/selected
- make sure your email was typed in twice (CORRECTLY!) on the form
- just try again
- use a cellular device (smartphone or tablet) that isn’t using WiFi internet
- restart your browser/device
- clear your cache and cookies in your browser/device
- reboot your router (unplug it for a minute and plug in again)
- ask a friend or neighbor or computer-savvy IT person to help you
We’re sorry we don’t have the staff hours available to offer IT support. We’re trying to be accommodating during the pandemic times and keep our customers safe and healthy, but online orders were never really part of our business plan! We’re just doing our best with limited resources. Please ask a friend, or hire a techie teen to assist you. If you’re truly stymied or repeatedly frustrated by our system, at least until the pandemic is over, consider supporting another local farm with open market hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read our website FIRST for basic information about the ARTfarm, our produce or our programs, the pickup schedule, for email signups, or with technical issues participating. We have prided ourselves on being highly responsive to email, text and social media communication with our beloved customers; but pivoting to online orders has made that less achievable.
- We have been inundated with communication requests and new customers since the pandemic started
- Administering the online signup/COVID-safe distributions has substantially increased our workload without an income or staffing increase
- Our WCK resilience and capacity building project to improve/expand cold storage on the farm must progress
- We are parents and also senior caregivers, subject to the same pandemic stresses as everyone else
So, because of this, currently our customer response time is ‘a bit slower’. We do not have the time we used to, to quickly respond to requests for basic farm operations information, to chat about island life or how to grow basil, or help with lost emails or orders.
We’ve gotten some blowback from at least one person who labelled this poor customer service and threatened to report us to the morality police – but we’ve stayed up more than a few late nights assuring that ALL the available information on our services (including procedures, hours, produce listings, directions, troubleshooting signup and email problems, and other frequently asked questions) is already on our website. We did this specifically to clear our days for the laundry list of things we must do in addition to running this farm. Please help us spend more time farming and less time answering repeated questions; click around this site and read.