Hey the farm is quickly passing the peak of the tomato season, so get your last delicious juicy heirlooms in the next few weeks! No salad greens Saturday, we’re taking a little break from lettuce production. ARTfarm produce gets even more flavorful at this time of year! Looking forward to summer fruits! Reservations open on Tuesdays and Fridays, to hold you a spot for a scheduled pickup, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Sign up below for one of just 34 reserved pickup timeslots, for Saturday starting at 11 am! If you missed this signup, there will be another one in less than a week.
Instructions below if you’re new. Can’t find the confirmation email? Click HERE. If you need to contact us, text or call the farm phone, (340) 514-4873. Welcome!
- Check out our different size preorder ‘farmshare’ selections listed below
- See details and a list of extra add-on items available first-come-first-served during your pickup time
- Click the link and fill in our quick reservation form. (Reserve an earlier pickup time to catch these first-come-first-serve items)
- More details for newbies below!
Brisk farm workouts in peaceful breezy nature available: We’re looking for volunteers (non smokers). Luca could use a hand even if it’s only for two hours at a time, mainly to do garden bed preparation. You can get a great ab and full body workout, mostly standing using rakes and hoes. There is also sifting of compost, hand weeding, late day transplanting and more. Delivery drivers too! Learn about market gardening, construction, food prep. Fast walkers encouraged. Could convert to part-time employment depending on skills and efficiency.
Farmshare choices for Saturday, March 25th, 2023:
We will have 34 timeslots/farmshares available for scheduled pickup Saturday morning. You can also order and specify a neighbor, friend or family member to pick up your order and theirs. The minimum order is one farmshare, and you CAN order more than one farmshare. At the farmstand, you can choose from remaining add-on extras and we’ll total your order. We are chronically understaffed and need to keep farmstand hours brief; add-ons and extras are not currently available independently of a farmshare minimum purchase.
SLICERS ‘n’ HEIRLOOMS farmshare, $10, will include:
- 1 lb. slicer tomatoes
- 1 lb. heirloom tomatoes
CHERRIES ‘n’ HEIRLOOMS farmshare, $11, will include:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb. heirloom tomatoes
CHERRIES farmshare, $12, will include:
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
MIXED TOMATOES 4LB farmshare, $16, (make the sauce) will include:
- 4 lb. smaller mixed tomatoes (discount per lb.)
Extra Add-Ons (non-reservable)
(Must accompany farmshare purchase, these items cannot be purchased individually. No reservations on these items, they are all first come first served during your pickup slot):
- heirloom TOMATOES
- SLICER tomatoes
- YELLOW WATERMELON
- bunched ARUGULA
- CARROTS with juicable tops
- ONIONS with green scallionish tops
- assorted COOKING GREENS
- ZUCCHINI/summer squash
- Italian DANDELION greens
- seasoning PEPPERS (smoky, not hot)
- CHERRY tomato pints
- RADISHES in white and pink, with green edible tops
- various Winter SQUASH/PUMPKINS including Delicata!
- assorted HERBS bunches: $2 each
- fresh GINGER: $3.50/bag ($7 half pound)
- fresh TURMERIC: $3.50/bag ($7 half pound)
- PINEAPPLE slips to grow-ur-own: $2-3 each as sized
Herb bunch choices for this distribution
(Available as EXTRAS or included in farmshare)
- Garlic chives
- Kafir lime leaves
Please contact us immediately by TEXT or PHONE at (340) 514-4873 if you have reserved a farmshare and cannot pick it up. Supply is limited, demand is extremely high and someone else will gladly purchase your share, if given enough time to respond. We have limited time for distributions and they are scheduled. Our produce is harvested fresh and needs to go home with you same day. This is an honor system since we are not collecting payment until pickup. We do not have cold storage for uncollected shares.
New to ARTfarm? HOW TO ‘ORDER’:
During the COVID era we switched to a pre-order system instead of open farmstands, and customers preferred the predictability and drastically shorter wait times. So we’ve stuck with it, for now.
1. Order/reserve at least one of our different sized farmshare selections (minimum purchase) and choose your timeslot ahead on our website form (the link above)
2. The signup form will show you a “Thank You” page and send you a confirmation email if submitted successfully. If you don’t find it, please check your spam/junk, trash, inbox tabs, and ‘all mail’ folders for the confirmation email, and search for firstname.lastname@example.org (JOTFORM IS SINGULAR, no ‘S’)– this has been a common problem for several customers and with a little searching they typically find it. For more tips, visit our Help page.check for your confirmation email so you know your name will be on the list!
2. Please arrive in our parking lot on time but not more than 10 minutes early to prevent traffic jams and longer wait times. We appreciate your cooperation!
3. At the stand, if you’re at all not feeling well, please bring a mask and wear it while upwind of the farm staff. We’ll call your name during your timeslot in order of signup. Let the farmer handle the produce for you; Choose extras from first-come-first-served availability; Wait to bag until we’ve totaled up your items; Bring change, cash or check and pen; drop payment in the blue bucket, we try not to handle cash.
Please note: With Farmer Luca caring for his elderly folks who are immune compromised, we’d appreciate if all customers would help us stay healthy and working, and PLEASE wear a mask if your’e not feeling well, and maintain social distancing when interacting with us at the ARTfarm stand this 2022-23 season. Please help us healthy at work, and protect our family and friends! We shall do the same! We are all one! Grateful for life!!
ARTfarm is a tiny mom and pop family farm who have been growing food with sustainable organic and permaculture methods on St. Croix since 1999. See our FAQs for more info!Thank you!
The signup form will show you a “Thank You” page and send you a confirmation email if submitted successfully. If you don’t find it, please check your spam/junk, trash, inbox tabs, and ‘all mail’ folders for the confirmation email, and search for email@example.com – check the spelling, jotform has no ‘s’… this has been a common problem for several customers and with a little searching they typically find it. For more tips, visit our Help page.
Need help with the pre-order signup form? (Click here):
Q: I can’t seem to order more than one item.
A: We have designed our order form not to allow any one customer to purchase all of one extra. Sharing is caring. If you’d like extra of something (beyond what you could reserve through our order system), put it in the comments with your order, and remind us at your pickup time: if we can supply it to you we’ll do our best. If you are in the food service industry and looking for bulk availability, please contact us; our order form is for individuals and families to place a single order for a scheduled pickup.
Q: My order isn’t going through.
- if the automated confirmation email is not immediately found, check your spam folder and the ‘all mail’ folder
- make sure all required fields are filled/selected
- just try again
- use a cellular device (smartphone or tablet) that isn’t using WiFi internet
- restart your browser/device
- clear your cache and cookies in your browser/device
- reboot your router (unplug it for a minute and plug in again)
- visit our “help” page for additional tips
Q: The form says I didn’t enter my email, but I did.
Our pre-order form requires everyone to type their email in twice, and makes sure the two match exactly. We had a lot of customers in such a rush to get their order in that they’d spell their own email incorrectly and then complain that they could not find the confirmation email. Our ‘type it in twice’ system ensures that you’ll find any email mistakes before you submit the pre-order form.
Q: I ordered before, but I’m not getting your emails.
Our pre-order form does NOT automatically sign you up for an ARTfarm email subscription. Do that HERE!