Hey farm supporters. If you missed it, we posted a summary of the Small Space Container Gardening for Beginners class hosted by UVI’s Cooperative Extension Service this past Monday. Lots of tips and advice for starting a small home garden!
Once again we will NOT BE OPEN for retail shopping on Saturday. For the rest of this season we are going to run socially distanced online ‘box sales’ like we did the last seven weeks, with pre-reserved pick up shifts of 10 people max, to slow the spread of novel coronavirus in our island community. We want to avoid long waits, traffic issues and crowds forming. As per the new guidelines from Government House, we require everyone picking up a box to wear a mask, and we will do the same.
Getting a farm share box is as easy as S-A-N, as in SAN-ctimonious!! Here’s what to do:
- S is for : Sign up with our sign-up form (a link at the bottom of the weekly signup page is posted on Fridays, usually by 10am).
- Choose one pre-selected, pre-priced box of ARTfarm produce (contents listed below)
- Choose any add-on items (limited supplies)
- Commit to a pick-up time slot
- A is for : Arrive on Saturday at (or wait in your car until) your appointed time in the ARTfarm parking lot on Saturday. Too many people showing up at the same time could risk exposure. Please maintain plenty of space between customers, and between us and you when you approach the pickup table. We’ll be wearing masks as an extra precaution and require that you do the same. We do it to protect you!
- Bring exact change or a check to drop in the bucket – we are not handling any money.
- There may be extra items available to add to your box at pickup time, so you may wish to bring some extra small bills or wait to fill in your check amount. Please bring your own pen.
- Bring your own bags or box to put your produce into. We’ll place your items on the sanitized table, some things will be pre-bagged, you’ll pack your own bags or box for the rest. Wait to bag until we do a final count of your items to make sure we don’t forget anything.
- N is for : No substitutions or price adjustments. To maintain sanitation and keep things moving, we are not swapping items, handling payments or making change.
- We’ll do our best to give you options at pickup if we can, to meet or exceed the value.
- If desired, you can leave any unwanted items from your share on the table and we will pass them on to another lucky customer!
We will have 15 large and 20 small ‘farmshares’ of produce available, with lots of add-ons. You can also order and specify a neighbor, friend or family member to pick up your order. And if you are a small family and it works for you, consider alternating between large and small from week to week to give others a shot at ordering a large box.
Please contact us immediately by text and phone at (340)514-4873 if you have reserved a farmshare and cannot pick it up. Supply is limited, demand is extremely high and someone else will gladly purchase your share, if given enough time to respond. We have limited time for distributions and they are scheduled. We will hold your box for you and we expect to hear from you. We understand life happens, but please do not leave us hanging, waiting for you, with your food! Our produce is harvested fresh and needs to go home with you same day. This is an honor system since we are not collecting payment until pickup.
Box choices for Saturday, May 2nd:
Small farm share, $15, will include:
1 bag of sweet salad mix
1 lb. bag of slicer tomatoes
1 small bunch onions
Large farm share, $47, will include:
1 bag of sweet salad mix
1 bag of baby spicy salad mix
1 bunch of mature arugula (great for soups and sautées)
2 lb. bag of slicer tomatoes
1 onion bunch
1 carrot bunch with green tops for juicing
1 herb bunch (random selection)
1 bag of mixed ginger and turmeric (regular and mango-flavored)
4 seasoning peppers
2 hot peppers
Additional Limited Quantity items*
(please add to your total)
1 big watermelon chunk: $6
1 bigger watermelon chunk; $7
1 biggest watermelon chunk: $8
1 pint of cherry tomatoes: $6
1 lb. bag of slicer tomatoes: $5
1 bag sweet mix: $7
1 bag teen arugula: $11
1 bunch mixed cooking greens (kale, collards type): $3
1 bunch garlic chives: $2
1 bunch of 8 Kafir lime leaves: $2
1 bag ginger: $3.50
1 double bag ginger: $7
1 bag turmeric: $3.50
1 bag (mango-flavored) turmeric: $3.50
1 first dragonfruit of the season! WAAA magical!!: $8
1 Mediterranean fig tree (potted) $20
*Bring a handful of extra cash if you have it, there may be other additional extra items available, as usual…
large share Herb bunch options
(Large share = 1 herb selection. Choose from what’s available at pickup, or we’ll pick some for you, but these are the basic options we should have, you can start mulling it over 🙂
- Garlic chives
- Italian basil
- Summer Savory (?)
- This signup form will show you a Thank You page and send you a confirmation email if submitted successfully. One order per customer, please.
- Having problems with the online signup form?
- Just try again
- Use a cellular device (smartphone or tablet) that isn’t using WiFi internet
- Clear your cache and cookies in your browser/device
- Reboot your router (unplug it for a minute and plug in again)
- Just try again
- We are asking that people ration, by not allowing any one customer to purchase all of one extra. Sharing is caring. If we have extra, we’ll do our best to let you know.
- This signup form does NOT sign you up for a farm email subscription.
4 thoughts on “SOLD OUT…Order form for Saturday ARTfarm Produce Boxes 5/2/20! Masks UP!”
I’m so excited for you that you sold out so fast!! But sad for me lol. If anything opens up (small box, watermelon, Kafir lime leaves in particular) can you let me know?
I am sorry Cindy! It went incredibly fast today and we are starting to have less produce because of this time of year. Luckily we’ve been getting some little rains so we’ve been able to keep planting lettuce. I’ll send you a text at the end if there are some leftovers! Thanks for being a regular and awesome farm supporter!
Hope you folks are well. I miss you. I keep being too late to get my order in! Today I logged on one hour after you posted to make my order and everything was already sold out! What a demand. Anyway…didn’t want you to think I’d forgotten about you!
I love the idea of planting my own garden. Plans are underway here;-)
Keep safe out there!!
I’m so sorry that I will miss this Sta., had a previous appt., but I will be there next Saturday, god’s willing..thanks for your service.