Hey awesome you! Conditions are extremely dry on the farm and we are seeing a lot of wildlife and feral animals seeking water. We grow sustainably with rainwater, and this year’s low spring rain amounts on the South Shore will limit how long we can extend the season. This may be the last week of regular distributions, folks, and this week we’re down to 15 smallish shares and 10 teensy shares, plus a shorter list of add-ons. Next week or so if the dry conditions persist, we will be putting this farmshare program on hold and finish up our article on Caribbean gardening! We plan to host pop-up stands for any summer fruit bounty we have available.
Once again we will NOT BE OPEN for retail shopping on Saturday. For the rest of this season we are going to run socially distanced online ‘box sales’ like we’ve done since March 21st, with pre-reserved pick up shifts of 10 people max, to slow the spread of novel coronavirus in our island community. We want to avoid long waits, traffic issues and crowds forming. As per the latest guidelines from Government House, we require everyone picking up a box to wear a mask, and we will do the same.
Getting a farm share box is as easy as S-A-N, as in SAN-ta’s watching you. Here’s what to do:
- S is for : Sign up with our sign-up form (a link at the bottom of the weekly signup page is posted on Fridays, usually by around 10am).
- Choose ONE pre-selected, pre-priced share of ARTfarm produce (minimum purchase, contents listed below)
- Choose any add-on items (limited supplies)
- Commit to a pick-up time slot
- A is for : Arrive on Saturday at (or wait in your car until) your appointed time in the ARTfarm parking lot on Saturday. Too many people showing up at the same time could risk exposure. Please maintain plenty of space between customers, and between us and you when you approach the pickup table. We’ll be wearing masks as an extra precaution and require that you do the same. We do it to protect you! Please protect us!
- Bring exact change or a check to drop in the bucket – we are not handling any money.
- There inevitably are extra items available to add to your box at pickup time, so you may wish to bring some extra small bills or wait to fill in your check amount. Please bring your own pen.
- Bring your own bags or box to put your produce into. We’ll place your items on the sanitized table, some things will be pre-bagged, you’ll pack your own bags or box for the rest. Wait to bag until we do a final count of your items to make sure we don’t forget anything.
- N is for : No substitutions or price adjustments. To maintain sanitation and keep things moving, we are not swapping items, handling payments or making change.
- We’ll do our best to give you options at pickup if we can, to meet or exceed the value.
- If desired, you can leave any unwanted items from your share on the table and we will pass them on to another lucky customer!
Please contact us immediately by text and phone at (340)514-4873 if you have reserved a farmshare and cannot pick it up. Supply is limited, demand is extremely high and someone else will gladly purchase your share, if given enough time to respond. We have limited time for distributions and they are scheduled. We will hold your box for you and we expect to hear from you. We understand life happens, but please do not leave us hanging after hours, waiting for you, with your food! Our produce is harvested fresh before dawn, and needs to go home with you same day. This is an honor system since we are not collecting payment until pickup.
Choices for Saturday, May 23rd:
smallish farm share, $19, will include:
2 bags of sweet salad mix
1 bunch onions
TEENSY farm share, $7, will include:
1 bag of sweet salad mix
add-on items, limited quantities*
(please add to your total)
1 bag spicy lime-flavored ginger: $4
1 bag red turmeric: $3.50
1 bag ginger: $3.50
1 bunch garlic chives: $2
2 pineapple slips for planting: $4
Additional non-reservable extra items
(bring extra cash or add to your check for these:)
extra bag of salad mix: $7
pineapple fruit: $6-9 (as marked)
papaya: ($3/lb. as marked)
6 zinnia flowers: $2
there may be other last-moment additions available, as usual…
- This signup form will show you a Thank You page and send you a confirmation email if submitted successfully. One order per customer, please.
- Having problems with the online signup form?
- Just try again
- Use a cellular device (smartphone or tablet) that isn’t using WiFi internet
- Clear your cache and cookies in your browser/device
- Reboot your router (unplug it for a minute and plug in again)
- Just try again
- We are helping people ration, by not allowing any one customer to purchase all of one extra. Sharing is caring. If we have extra, we’ll do our best to let you know and make it available at pickup. Put any additional wishes in the comments box.
- This signup form does NOT sign you up for a farm email subscription.
Here’s the link to Saturday May 23rd’s SIGNUP FORM
(opens a new window).
One thought on “TeenyTiny…Order form for Saturday ARTfarm Produce Boxes 5/23/20!”
My rain gauge has had ONE measurable reading this month – .05! Occasionally there are sprinkles but barely enough to cover the bottom.
Everything is going from golden to brown here on South Shore.
Thank you ARTfarm for staying open as long as you have in this crazy time. Will keep watching for pop-ups with more pineapples, dragon fruit and maybe mangoes!!