Hey farm supporters. Masks are now mandatory all over the territory for all shoppers and staff, so please come prepared at pickup. Temps are getting hotter on the farm. The last watermelon of the season is available this week, and we’ve got a few pineapples for you! Only one box size this week, 40 shares available, tons of add-ons.
Once again we will NOT BE OPEN for retail shopping on Saturday. For the rest of this season we are going to run socially distanced online ‘box sales’ like we did for the last two months, with pre-reserved pick up shifts of 10 people max, to slow the spread of novel coronavirus in our island community. We want to avoid long waits, traffic issues and crowds forming. As per the latest guidelines from Government House, we require everyone picking up a box to wear a mask, and we will do the same.
Getting a farm share box is as easy as S-A-N, as in SAN-dy beaches!! Here’s what to do:
- S is for : Sign up with our sign-up form (a link at the bottom of the weekly signup page is posted on Fridays, usually by around 10am).
- Choose one pre-selected, pre-priced box of ARTfarm produce (contents listed below)
- Choose any add-on items (limited supplies)
- Commit to a pick-up time slot
- A is for : Arrive on Saturday at (or wait in your car until) your appointed time in the ARTfarm parking lot on Saturday. Too many people showing up at the same time could risk exposure. Please maintain plenty of space between customers, and between us and you when you approach the pickup table. We’ll be wearing masks as an extra precaution and require that you do the same. We do it to protect you! Please protect us!
- Bring exact change or a check to drop in the bucket – we are not handling any money.
- There inevitably are extra items available to add to your box at pickup time, so you may wish to bring some extra small bills or wait to fill in your check amount. Please bring your own pen.
- Bring your own bags or box to put your produce into. We’ll place your items on the sanitized table, some things will be pre-bagged, you’ll pack your own bags or box for the rest. Wait to bag until we do a final count of your items to make sure we don’t forget anything.
- N is for : No substitutions or price adjustments. To maintain sanitation and keep things moving, we are not swapping items, handling payments or making change.
- We’ll do our best to give you options at pickup if we can, to meet or exceed the value.
- If desired, you can leave any unwanted items from your share on the table and we will pass them on to another lucky customer!
We will have 40 medium ‘farmshares’ of produce available, with lots of add-ons. You can also order and specify a neighbor, friend or family member to pick up your order.
Please contact us immediately by text and phone at (340)514-4873 if you have reserved a farmshare and cannot pick it up. Supply is limited, demand is extremely high and someone else will gladly purchase your share, if given enough time to respond. We have limited time for distributions and they are scheduled. We will hold your box for you and we expect to hear from you. We understand life happens, but please do not leave us hanging after hours, waiting for you, with your food! Our produce is harvested fresh before dawn, and needs to go home with you same day. This is an honor system since we are not collecting payment until pickup.
Choices for Saturday, May 2nd:
MEDIUM farm share, $20, (only size available) will include:
1 bag of sweet salad mix
1 lb. bag of slicer tomatoes
1 bunch onions
1 bag of mixed ginger and turmeric (regular and mango-flavored)
add-on items, limited quantities*
(please add to your total)
1 pint of cherry tomatoes: $6
2 lb. bag of sauce tomatoes (small & runty but tasty): $6
1 bag teen arugula: $11
1 bag of teen spicy salad mix: $11
1 bunch mixed cooking greens (kale, collards type): $3
1 dragonfruit! Wowzers!: $8
1 sour orange: $1 (1 free if you’re Bev)
5 tamarind pods: $1
6 zinnia flowers: $2
1 bag ginger: $3.50
1 bag turmeric: $3.50
1 bag (mango-flavored) turmeric: $3.50
1 bunch garlic chives: $2
1 bunch Italian basil: $2
1 bunch lemongrass: $2
1 bunch rosemary: $2
1 bunch mint: $2
1 Kafir lime tree (potted plant) $25
1 Pram Kai Mea mango tree (grafted Thai variety) $25
2 pineapple slips for planting: $4
Additional non-reservable extra items
(bring extra cash or add to your check for these:)
watermelon chunk: $6-9 (bagged, as marked, last of the season)
pineapple fruit: $6-9 (as marked)
pumpkin slices: $3-5 (as marked)
there may be other additional extra items available, as usual…
- This signup form will show you a Thank You page and send you a confirmation email if submitted successfully. One order per customer, please.
- Having problems with the online signup form?
- Just try again
- Use a cellular device (smartphone or tablet) that isn’t using WiFi internet
- Clear your cache and cookies in your browser/device
- Reboot your router (unplug it for a minute and plug in again)
- Just try again
- We are asking that people ration, by not allowing any one customer to purchase all of one extra. Sharing is caring. If we have extra, we’ll do our best to let you know.
- This signup form does NOT sign you up for a farm email subscription.