Hey farm supporters. Masks are now mandatory all over the territory for all shoppers and staff, so please come prepared at pickup. Temps are getting hotter on the farm. The last watermelon of the season is available this week, and we’ve got a few pineapples for you! Only one box size this week, 40 shares available, tons of add-ons.
Once again we will NOT BE OPEN for retail shopping on Saturday. For the rest of this season we are going to run socially distanced online ‘box sales’ like we did for the last two months, with pre-reserved pick up shifts of 10 people max, to slow the spread of novel coronavirus in our island community. We want to avoid long waits, traffic issues and crowds forming. As per the latest guidelines from Government House, we require everyone picking up a box to wear a mask, and we will do the same.
Getting a farm share box is as easy as S-A-N, as in SAN-dy beaches!! Here’s what to do:
- S is for : Sign up with our sign-up form (a link at the bottom of the weekly signup page is posted on Fridays, usually by around 10am).
- Choose one pre-selected, pre-priced box of ARTfarm produce (contents listed below)
- Choose any add-on items (limited supplies)
- Commit to a pick-up time slot
- A is for : Arrive on Saturday at (or wait in your car until) your appointed time in the ARTfarm parking lot on Saturday. Too many people showing up at the same time could risk exposure. Please maintain plenty of space between customers, and between us and you when you approach the pickup table. We’ll be wearing masks as an extra precaution and require that you do the same. We do it to protect you! Please protect us!
- Bring exact change or a check to drop in the bucket – we are not handling any money.
- There inevitably are extra items available to add to your box at pickup time, so you may wish to bring some extra small bills or wait to fill in your check amount. Please bring your own pen.
- Bring your own bags or box to put your produce into. We’ll place your items on the sanitized table, some things will be pre-bagged, you’ll pack your own bags or box for the rest. Wait to bag until we do a final count of your items to make sure we don’t forget anything.
- N is for : No substitutions or price adjustments. To maintain sanitation and keep things moving, we are not swapping items, handling payments or making change.
- We’ll do our best to give you options at pickup if we can, to meet or exceed the value.
- If desired, you can leave any unwanted items from your share on the table and we will pass them on to another lucky customer!
We will have 40 medium ‘farmshares’ of produce available, with lots of add-ons. You can also order and specify a neighbor, friend or family member to pick up your order.
Please contact us immediately by text and phone at (340)514-4873 if you have reserved a farmshare and cannot pick it up. Supply is limited, demand is extremely high and someone else will gladly purchase your share, if given enough time to respond. We have limited time for distributions and they are scheduled. We will hold your box for you and we expect to hear from you. We understand life happens, but please do not leave us hanging after hours, waiting for you, with your food! Our produce is harvested fresh before dawn, and needs to go home with you same day. This is an honor system since we are not collecting payment until pickup.
Choices for Saturday, May 2nd:
MEDIUM farm share, $20, (only size available) will include:
1 bag of sweet salad mix
1 lb. bag of slicer tomatoes
1 bunch onions
1 bag of mixed ginger and turmeric (regular and mango-flavored)
add-on items, limited quantities*
(please add to your total)
1 pint of cherry tomatoes: $6
2 lb. bag of sauce tomatoes (small & runty but tasty): $6
1 bag teen arugula: $11
1 bag of teen spicy salad mix: $11
1 bunch mixed cooking greens (kale, collards type): $3
1 dragonfruit! Wowzers!: $8
1 sour orange: $1 (1 free if you’re Bev)
5 tamarind pods: $1
6 zinnia flowers: $2
1 bag ginger: $3.50
1 bag turmeric: $3.50
1 bag (mango-flavored) turmeric: $3.50
1 bunch garlic chives: $2
1 bunch Italian basil: $2
1 bunch lemongrass: $2
1 bunch rosemary: $2
1 bunch mint: $2
1 Kafir lime tree (potted plant) $25
1 Pram Kai Mea mango tree (grafted Thai variety) $25
2 pineapple slips for planting: $4
Additional non-reservable extra items
(bring extra cash or add to your check for these:)
watermelon chunk: $6-9 (bagged, as marked, last of the season)
pineapple fruit: $6-9 (as marked)
pumpkin slices: $3-5 (as marked)
there may be other additional extra items available, as usual…
- This signup form will show you a Thank You page and send you a confirmation email if submitted successfully. One order per customer, please.
- Having problems with the online signup form?
- Just try again
- Use a cellular device (smartphone or tablet) that isn’t using WiFi internet
- Clear your cache and cookies in your browser/device
- Reboot your router (unplug it for a minute and plug in again)
- Just try again
- We are asking that people ration, by not allowing any one customer to purchase all of one extra. Sharing is caring. If we have extra, we’ll do our best to let you know.
- This signup form does NOT sign you up for a farm email subscription.
Here’s the link to Saturday May 9th’s SIGNUP FORM
(opens a new window).
6 thoughts on “Hot Times…Order form for Saturday ARTfarm Produce Boxes 5/9/20!”
I understand how Art Farm online shopping works. I also understand Art Farm has limited produce Time is of essence, once the email from Art Farm comes out.
Sure I was new to this online concept. I learned. For weeks, I have tried to secure large tomatoes, cherry tomatoes. Of course, through trial and error. Today, I thought I did it! YES!
Hit Submit. Came back “field required” I did not want extra item field required “Medium Farm Share” So I could not get through the order.
We’re sorry you had trouble with the form today. Any field with a red asterisk next to it is a mandatory field.
Because of the limitations of distribution right now during the pandemic, we do not enable customers to reserve a few individual add-ons without a share. The minimum purchase of the items in the base farm share or “box” is required because we have a very limited amount of time in which to distribute the foods that we have. We are trying to limit everyone’s exposure during this pandemic, including the length of time each customer spends at our table. Right now we have less than two minutes per customer choreographed, and serving 40-50 people, it’s still close to or over, two hours serving the public at a rapid pace. We spend about four to five hours hustling, harvesting, packaging and preparing for the stand before customers begin to arrive. So Saturday mornings are a seven to eight hour shift already, usually without time for a good breakfast! And that is before the poultry get fed. Extending our open hours would not be conducive to our health.
You can probably imagine how, if many people simply wanted to stop by and purchase one thing and we can only allow 10 people every 15 minutes, we might be there all of Saturday distributing tiny parcels of food when we’ve been up since before dawn harvesting. It’s just not working for our family to distribute smaller amounts of food to more customers at this time. Two months ago before the pandemic, anyone could stop by the farmstand and choose whatever amount of food they wished from a single tomato up to $200 worth of produce in large baskets. But right now we cannot accommodate that level of customization. With our farming season waning in the heat of impending summer, we don’t have enough of all specialty “add-on” items to give everyone some of all our items in a box share. This is the Great Farmshare Compromise. Because we are hoping not to make this a permanent business model of online pre-orders, we are not currently investing our time and money in sophisticated shopping software or online inventory management to allow more customizable orders.
Finding a neighbor to share the cost and excess produce with, might be a workable solution for you. ❤
Good morning Luecella. Today (5/15/2020) we are going to offer 15 tiny shares of just one bag of salad mix to which add-ons can be added, for pick up tomorrow Saturday at the farm. This might work better for you. The post will be up at 10 AM or a little after.
Thank you ARTfarmers for working so hard to let us share the mega-healthy organic food you grow.
I finally got a chance to read the post and comments this Saturday afternoon after my 10 AM assignment of filling out the form to get what Is available. So relieved to hear that this is not going to be the plan forever.
This morning when I hit submit I kept getting the message that there were fields not filled in, it took me at least a half dozen tries to realize that there were two fields where your email was supposed to be! By that time I had missed the add on Cherry Tomatoes and the baby spicy mix. I don’t see any Sweet salad mix. I’m coming earlier than my usual time hopefully I will get watermelon and pineapple.
Forever grateful for whatever wonderful produce you can get to us. Love you be safe 😷
Sorry Lisa, I did change the form to confirm email, because so many people were spelling their own email wrong and then contacting me because they hadn’t received their confirmation email!!! Like a LOT. Hopefully there will be a few extras available when you swing by and we will try to add them back on at that point!
Well – the first time I had spelled my name Losa
Which the spellcheck just corrected! I had to go back. Damn machines think they are so smart