Hey farm supporters. We have a reduced offering today because of reduced production: the hotter weather at this time of year causes crops (especially lettuce) to grow more slowly.
Those of you who have expressed interest already, or do so on today’s form submission, will be sent a link to attend an online Small Space Container Gardening for Beginners class hosted by UVI’s Cooperative Extension Service on Monday, April 27th at 10am. Hopefully there will be a replay available if you can’t attend at the scheduled time. Sign up!!
Once again we will NOT BE OPEN for retail shopping on Saturday. For the rest of this season we are going to run socially distanced online ‘box sales’ like we did the last six weeks, with pre-reserved pick up shifts of 10 people max, to slow the spread of novel coronavirus in our island community. We want to avoid long waits, traffic issues and crowds forming. We encourage everyone picking up a box to wear a mask, and we will do the same.
Getting a farm share box is as easy as S-A-N, as in SAN-ford and Son!! Here’s what to do:
- S is for : Sign up with our sign-up form (a link at the bottom of the weekly signup page is posted on Fridays, usually by 10am).
- Choose one pre-selected, pre-priced box of ARTfarm produce (contents listed below)
- Choose any add-on items (limited supplies)
- Commit to a pick-up time slot
- A is for : Arrive on Saturday at (or wait in your car until) your appointed time in the ARTfarm parking lot on Saturday. Too many people showing up at the same time could risk exposure. Please maintain plenty of space between customers, and between us and you when you approach the pickup table. We’ll be wearing masks as an extra precaution and ask that you do the same.
- Bring exact change or a check to drop in the bucket – we are not handling any money.
- There may be extra items available to add to your box at pickup time, so you may wish to bring some extra small bills or wait to fill in your check amount. Please bring your own pen.
- Bring your own bags or box to put your produce into. We’ll place your items on the sanitized table, some things will be pre-bagged, you’ll pack your own bags or box for the rest. Wait to bag until we do a final count of your items to make sure we don’t forget anything.
- N is for : No substitutions or price adjustments. To maintain sanitation and keep things moving, we are not swapping items, handling payments or making change.
- We’ll do our best to give you options at pickup if we can, to meet or exceed the value.
- If desired, you can leave any unwanted items from your share on the table and we will pass them on to another lucky customer!
We will have 15 large and 22 small ‘farmshares’ of produce available. You can also order and specify a neighbor, friend or family member to pick up your order. And if you are a small family and it works for you, consider alternating between large and small from week to week to give others a shot at ordering a large box.
Please contact us immediately by text and phone at (340)514-4873 if you have reserved a farmshare and cannot pick it up. Supply is limited, demand is extremely high and someone else will gladly purchase your share, if given enough time to respond. We have limited time for distributions and they are scheduled. We will hold your box for you and we expect to hear from you. We understand life happens, but please do not leave us hanging, waiting for you, with your food! Our produce is harvested fresh and needs to go home with you same day. This is an honor system since we are not collecting payment until pickup.
Box choices for Saturday, April 25th:
Small farm share, $14, will include:
1 bag of sweet salad mix
1 lb. bag of slicer tomatoes
1 bunch garlic chives
Large farm share, $53, will include:
1 bag of sweet salad mix
1 bag of teen spicy salad mix
1 bag of baby arugula
2 lb. bag of slicer tomatoes
1 onion bunch
1 radish bunch with edible green tops for cooking
2 herb bunches (random selection)
1 bag of mixed ginger and turmeric (regular and mango-flavored)
4 seasoning peppers
Additional Limited Quantity items*
(please add to your total)
1 pint of cherry tomatoes: $6
1 lb. bag of slicer tomatoes: $5
1 lb. cucumbers: $3
1 bunch mixed cooking greens (kale, collards type): $3
1 bag ginger: $3.50
1 bag turmeric: $3.50
1 bag (mango-flavored) turmeric: $3.50
1 Mediterranean fig tree (potted) $28
*(we are not offering pre-reserve on watermelon chunks this week, they will be first-come first-serve, one per customer, priced between $5-8.) There may be other additional items available, as usual…
large share Herb bunch options
(Large share = 2 herb selections. Choose from what’s available at pickup, or we’ll pick some for you, but these are the basic options we should have, you can start mulling it over 🙂
- Garlic chives
- Italian basil
- Lemon basil
- Thai basil
- Dill / Dill Seed
- This signup form will show you a Thank You page and send you a confirmation email if submitted successfully. One order per customer, please.
- Three people reported having problems with the online signup form telling them incorrectly that they had already placed an order. It’s an overzealous security feature to prevent multiple orders from the same customer. Workarounds our customers figured out (thank you!!) were to
- just try again
- use a cellular device (smartphone or tablet) that isn’t using WiFi internet
- clear your cache and cookies in your browser/device
- reboot your router (unplug it for a minute and plug in again)
- just try again
- We are asking that people ration, by not allowing any one customer to purchase all of one extra. Sharing is caring. If we have extra, we’ll do our best to let you know.
- This signup form does NOT sign you up for a farm email subscription.
Here’s the link to Saturday April 25th’s SIGNUP FORM
(opens a new window).